By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Retain a lean coach if you have not already done so to help implement your Kanban system.
- Standardize the usage of your Kanban system. This should be a Kaizen event that includes the people who will be using the Kanbans. They will document the Kanban usage process.
- Identify who needs to be trained on the Kanban system and create a visual training plan (like a training matrix) on the Kanban system.
- Follow up to make sure that the Kanban training plan is followed and completed.
- Review inventory levels quarterly for reduction opportunities.
Dig Deeper on Strategies for lean manufacturing success
Related Q&A from Tracy Alim
Discover how standardized work can aid in lean manufacturing efforts and learn the steps to standardizing manufacturing processes in this expert ...continue reading
Discover some helpful books on lean manufacturing and discover other ways to learn lean manufacturing, including the benefits of a lean coach.continue reading
Lean methodology employee training courses can be effective if well designed. Find out how to introduce employees to core lean manufacturing concepts...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.