Demand signal repository (DSR) is a database that aggregates sales data at the point of sale (POS). DSR systems capture, clean and harmonize large data sets so the data can be queried. The goal of a DSR system is to allow a business user without technical knowledge to be able to identify what products are selling, where they are selling best or worst and how often they are being sold. This information can then be applied to determine how an organization can be more responsive to customer's needs.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
When fully deployed, DSRs achieve the following business goals:
• Reduce the frequency of out of stock goods
• Sense product category changes
• Improve demand forecast accuracy
• Lower inventory and safety stock levels.
• Predict which products are trending towards stock outs
• Detect replenishment issues
• Identify higher or lower anticipated lift during promotions
• Decrease the expenses related to expedited freight