The market for SAP jobs is hot, with some SAP skills paying premiums over the general IT market. In this podcast with David Foote, president of Foote Partners LLC,
find out which modules have a particularly rosy outlook and which ones aren't expected to fare as well. Foote also discusses how outsourcing could affect SAP professionals and gives a general market update and predictions for the upcoming year.
|SAP job market trends with David Foote|
- (0:40) Can you explain your research and how people can make use of it?
- (2:35) Which modules are paying particularly well or poorly?
- (4:20) What should SAP professionals be doing to improve their prospects?
- (7:04) Can you talk about some particular IT trends that are affecting specialist jobs?
- (8:55) How can SAP professionals take advantage of these trends, and what are some roles that
will be in demand?
- (10:56) How will SAP's SOA focus affect SAP professionals?
- (13:29) How does the trend toward business and process modeling create opportunities for roles
such as ABAP developers?
- (14:40) How does SAP's midmarket push affect SAP professionals?
- (17:21) Is outsourcing an issue that SAP professionals should be worried about?
- (18:34) Any final thoughts to wrap up?
CEO: Two-thirds of customers will be on SOA by 2010 : Kicking off SAP's annual analyst
event, Henning Kagermann said the company is targeting the midmarket and bringing services-oriented
architecture to its customer base.
- SAP jobs info
center: Our experts are ready to answer your toughest SAP jobs-related questions. Browse
their insightful answers on a variety of topics or ask them a question of your own.
certification, don't limit yourself to jobs in SAP: Jon Reed's advice to someone making a
career change -- look for jobs outside of SAP.
firms struggle to find experts: With the labor pool drying up, consultants and third-party
service providers are having trouble finding the right experts to drive their clients' projects,
according to analysts and jobs experts.
skill set key to keeping your job: According to a recent study, the days when IT
professionals can get by solely on specialized technical skills are coming to an end -- sooner than
Outsourcing threatens SAP, other large vendors: More executives are using business process
outsourcing services, making many ERP vendors find new ways to generate revenue -- or risk becoming
jobs and certification expert: Change is good. It is also difficult sometimes. Our SAP
career and certification expert Jon Reed is ready to answer your toughest career questions. For
solutions to common career hurdles, browse our FAQ and see the advice for others in your
- SearchSAP.com Editorial Blog: This is the
place for additional commentary and discussion about recent events, news stories or whatever else
happens in the SAP world.
Audio Downloads: Visit our audio download archive.