Manufacturing execution system (MES) software is critical to some manufacturers’ production operations. But many MES software systems are outdated or poorly integrated with ERP, prompting their owners to wonder if it’s time for a replacement. Expert John Jackiw of Alta Via Consulting will answer these questions:
- How do you know when MES is no longer capable of taking your company into the future?
- Aren’t there times when a legacy system will do just fine, especially considering the cost and inconvenience of replacing it?
- Once you decide to buy a new MES, how do you build a business case for it?
Speaker: Jackiw has over 25 years of experience in manufacturing in industries including aerospace, consumer products, automotive, pharmaceuticals, and food and beverage. He is an active member of the Resource Consumption Accounting Institute, Project Management Institute, and MESA International, where he serves as project manager of the metrics framework and guidebook.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
This was first published in November 2011