Manufacturers building a case for a business intelligence (BI) deployment face unique challenges, because the argument...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
for deploying BI doesn't always translate well to a environment linking shop floor data with spreadsheets and data historians. In this podcast, manufacturing industry expert William McKnight explains:
- What role a manufacturer's ERP system plays in building a business case for BI
- How manufacturers can calculate the ROI of a BI implementation and when to expect to see results
- What role IT plays in BI software evaluation
- The benefits of SaaS BI software
- The importance of having a master data management (MDM) plan during BI implementation
|Making a business case for BI in manufacturing|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Making a business case for BI in manufacturing
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Learn how to make a case for business intelligence in manufacturing.
About the speaker: William McKnight is president of McKnight Consulting Group. In the past he has functioned as Strategist, Lead Enterprise Information Architect, and Program Manager for complex, high-volume full life-cycle implementations worldwide utilizing the disciplines of data warehousing, master data management, business intelligence, data quality and operational business intelligence. Many of his clients have gone public with their success story. His team's implementations from both IT and consultant positions have won Best Practices awards.
|Read more about BI in manufacturing|
- Discover how to get started with manufacturing BI software systems
- Learn how to transform plant data into business intelligence
- Find out why vendors are adding manufacturing intelligence capabilities
Dig Deeper on Manufacturing ERP and business intelligence