Manufacturing intelligence -- business intelligence (BI) for manufacturing firms -- has lagged behind BI for the enterprise. The primary reasons for this have been the complex nature of plant floor data and the incompatibility of diverse plant floor resources.
However, this is starting to change. Now the big question is how can manufacturers most wisely deploy manufacturing intelligence solutions to increase operational performance management and get more visibility into plant floor metrics.
Trends in operational performance management are examined in this podcast with Julie Fraser, president of Cambashi, Inc., an engineering and enterprise IT applications consulting firm. Industry analyst Fraser specializes in manufacturing strategies and plant floor solutions.
|Operations performance management for manufacturers|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Operational performance management for manufacturers
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
- Why do so many manufacturing managers rely on spreadsheets for business metrics instead of state-of-the-art operations performance management?
- Plant floor intelligence is realtime in nature. Does OPM need to be performed more often than traditional BI?
- Are OPM deployments similar to so many ERP deployments, that drag on and on and run over budget?
- You've consulted on many OPM deployments. Once a manufacturer deploys OPM, are its manufacturing operations transformed?
- OPM affects many levels of manufacturing management. What about manufacturers' supply chains – does it make those more efficient as well?
- Who are manufacturers turning to for their manufacturing intelligence solutions: their traditional ERP vendors or new best-of-breed software vendors?
|Read more about operational performance management|