RFID is rapidly evolving, as early adopters learn more about how to best use and deploy the technology -- and technologists develop new and interesting RFID innovations. And, as more companies experiment with RFID, more potential use cases are emerging around how RFID technology can be used to solve real-world business problems. In this podcast, get some inspiration and insight about the future of RFID. SearchManufacturingERP.com talked to Ken Traub, independent consultant and a recognized expert to find out what's in store for RFID and learn more about the most interesting developments going on today in RFID.
In this 15-minute podcast, appropriate for IT and business professionals, listeners will:
- Hear how RFID might be used in ten years and learn what's in the works now that may enable broader use of RFID technology
- Learn more about how RFID tags are evolving -- and hear why the cost of tags may not be as big an issue as commonly perceived
- Find out more about the international consortium EPCglobal and hear what interesting projects are in development that may affect the next-generation of RFID deployments
|The future of RFID: What's in store for the next generation of RFID|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
The future of RFID: What's in store for the next generation of RFID
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Find out what's in store for RFID in this expert podcast.
About the speaker: Ken Traub is an independent consultant and a recognized world expert in EPC and RFID software systems. Ken's experience comes from his active involvement in the development of standards within EPCglobal, and from deploying production systems based on these standards as CTO of one of the recognized pioneers of RFID middleware. Ken has been a founder and technical advisor to five high technology startups in the Boston area.
|Read more about RFID for manufacturing|
- Is RFID worth the time, cost and effort?
- Is your organization really ready for RFID?
- How to build a business case for RFID
This was first published in December 2008