Once the target for quality improvement reaches the enterprise or supply chain level, then the quality improvement initiative needs to be implemented across multiple sites. At this point, the challenge escalates to making those quality processes repeatable.
In this podcast, industry analyst Simon Jacobson of AMR Research explains:
- What role the IT team plays in quality improvement;
- What types of software can be used for quality improvement initiatives;
- How technology can reduce or eliminate error rates; and
- What the best starting point is for a quality improvement initiative
|Understanding how technology can support manufacturing quality improvement initiatives|
Download this podcast
Learn how technology can support manufacturing quality improvement initiatives.
About the speaker: Simon Jacobson is Research Director at AMR Research. As a member of AMR Research's Engineering and Manufacturing Operations team, Simon examines how manufacturers apply IT within the local production environment and across the entire product supply network. He researches, and works closely with clients on, current and future manufacturing architectures, measurement strategies, and technology best practices across the manufacturing industries that AMR Research serves.
To learn more about AMR, visit www.amrresearch.com.
|Listen to other SearchManufacturingERP.com podcasts|
- IT investments for manufacturers managing global supply chains
- Making a business case for BI in manufacturing
- How to plan an MES-ERP integration project
- Getting started with demand-driven manufacturing
This was first published in November 2009